Behavioral Health Integration (BHI)
What is BHI?
BHI is at the core of a patient-centered care model. It consists of mental health, substance abuse conditions, stress-related physical and mental symptoms, and general health concerns.
Behavioral Health Integration allows medical and behavioral health clinicians work together as a team with better coordination and communication to improve patient quality of life.
BHI at ITS Includes:
BHI with ITS is a monthly service that includes systematic assessment and monitoring, care plan revisions and consistent care from a designated care team member.
Our BHI Service Components include:
- Initial assessment
- Initiating visit (if required, separately billed)
- Administration of applicable validated rating scale(s)
- Systematic assessment and monitoring, using applicable validated clinical rating scales
- Care planning by the primary care team jointly with the beneficiary, with care plan revision for patients whose condition is not improving
- Facilitation and coordination of behavioral health treatment
- Continuous relationship with a designated member of the care team